I was lucky enough to spend this weekend in Utah with my dad!
He surprised me a few weeks ago with tickets to Conference, so Friday afternoon off we went!
We flew into the Provo Airport, where Chris picked us up. We grabbed some grub at Guru's, then headed down to Sammy's to try out a famous "Pie Shake". Good stuff!
Saturday:
Saturday morning dad and I headed up to SLC to the first session of conference. Neither of us had ever been, so it was extra neat! :) We had great seats in the bottom section, and we scored the edge of the row so I had a straight shot of the podium and President Monson. It was sweeeeeet!!
Anywhoo, the session began and it was great. I enjoyed every single talk, and felt like each one had something in it just for me. Conference is just the best!
After we got home, we went out to lunch and watched the second session, then headed down to visit the new Lime Ricki store and show our support for our favorite Callister fam :)
(Ladies--If you are looking for a cute modest swimsuit...check these guys out!)
Later that afternoon, Chris and I hiked the Y.
Even though he warned me...I didn't believe him that Utah mountains were a little more intense than good ol' AZ hills.
MY BAD.
It was definitely a little more difficult then good ol' Silly Mtn, but boy oh boy was it a great hike!
Sunday:
After listening to the morning session, we headed over to the cute little po-dunk town of Springville, UT to eat lunch with the Prothero's!
(p.s. that hick comment was just for you Heidi :))
After dinner and part II of the Sunday session, I took the twins' senior pictures...I can't believe these two are old enough to graduate?!
After that, I went with Jordan up Provo Canyon to Big Springs Park where we showed off our awesome art skills.
Monday:
Monday morning we set off to visit Chris at work, Heidi at work, Mark at work, and then headed up to Midway to help Jodi with some TV/Computer issues, and to take Grandpa & Jodi's "engagement pictures" :) They braved the pouring rain, and we were able to snag a few goodies!
After that, back to Provo we went, and after picking Chris up from work, he dropped us off at the airport.
It was such a great trip, I am just the luckiest girl in the world to have such an amazing Dad who spoils his kids rotten ;)
Dad- Thank you so much. Getting to go to conference was so amazing; I wouldn't have chosen anyone else to go with. You are the greatest, I love you to the moon and back!







oh my gosh pop pops "engagement pics" i love it!
ReplyDelete